I thought I would recommend some educational TV shows and a couple of websites for the toddler and pre-school age children.
Word World is a great show for children to learn how to read and recognize words. It comes on public television each week day during the morning hours. If you have DVR, you may want to record some.
Sid The Science Kid is another cute show that teaches children about science related topics, but it's more for the pre-school age and up crowd. This also comes on public television. I think it comes on each day during the weekday in the mornings and maybe the afternoon (not sure about the afternoon).
Special Agent OSO is a new show on Disney. It's about a bear who is a special agent. He has to go on missions and follow "three special steps". It's very repetitive in it's teaching so it is great for the younger kiddos. However, Jett still likes it because of the gadgets OSO uses.
http://www.dltk-teach.com/ is a good site for printing out crafts, books, etc... It has ABC's shapes, colors, Bible activities, printable books (even ones you can personalize). I made Jett a book about him and he loves to read it. He loves that it is about him.
Fisher price also has a great site for younger children to teach the basics. http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=10&e=gamesLanding&mcat=game_infant,game_toddler,game_preschool&site=us
Let me know how you like the recommendations!
Easter 2011
15 years ago
1 comment:
That website looks great! I'm always looking for different crafts to do with Rhett, and sometimes I run out of ideas. So, this will be a good resource! I love the "All About Me" section...Too cute! Thanks, Nikki!
Post a Comment