Thursday, April 16, 2009

{ His Stage }

We recently went on vacation to a state park and I took this opportunity to have a mini-shoot with my Jett, my muse. I have clients ask me if it's hard to photograph him because they think it seems hard to photograph their own child/children (which I don't find it hard...it may be a challenge with some, but I like a challenge. After all, we as adults usually don't like a camera stuck in our faces either.) I say, "Oh yes, he is a handful." And then they say, "Well he sure makes it look like it's not." And I have to say...it's because once I get him into the "playing" mode...it makes my job easier. It's getting him into that playing mode now that he is older and aware of the camera that is the tough part. We do manage to get there most of the time and it is all worth it in the end.

For this shoot, I just let him pretend he was an actor on a stage. At the park they had a small amphitheater type place that looked like the front of a cabin and it had a door. There were old benches in front of the stage where the audience can sit. He just recently saw the play "Peter Pan" and really fell in love with it. So, he was all for that. We had such fun that day! And the reason we had fun is because I tapped into him and what he likes to do.





I am so happy that I have so many images of Jett with "Puppy" (use to be my puppy) because I know the day will come when he no longer wants anything to do with him.

No comments: